Non-linear Analysis, PDEs and Applications
9th Annual Red Raider Mini-Symposium
October 29 – 31, 2009
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Texas Tech University
* Prof. Susanne Brenner, Louisiana State University
* Prof. Ciprian Foias, Texas A&M University
* Prof. Max Gunzburger, Florida State University
* Prof. Alex Mahalov, Arizona State University
* Prof. Vladimir Sverak, University of Minnesota
* Prof. Daniel Tataru, University of California, Berkeley
Early Career Speakers
* Prof. Yuliya Gorb, University of Houston
* Prof. Nam Le, Columbia University
* Prof. Youssef Marzouk, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
* Prof. Hoai-Minh Nguyen, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
* Denis Ridzal, PhD, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque
* Shawn Walker, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
We will attempt to support most of participants, giving priority to early career researchers, women, minority, and people with disability. We are expecting the NSF support for funding their attendance and will announce it as soon as we hear from NSF.
The mini-symposium is currently sponsored by Prof. Frits Ruymgaart’s Paul Whitfield Endowed Horn Professorship and the Department of Mathematics and Statistics of Texas Tech University. Horn Professor Ruymgaart generously provides funds from his endowed professorship to support distinguished speakers. The Department of Mathematics and Statistics pays other organizational expenses. Possible support for larger number of speakers and participants may come from NSF later.
The registration form and other information are available on its webpage.